Good morning! We hope your day is looking as bright as this weather has been lately. It sure has been PERFECT wedding weather here which makes us very excited for our next couple of weddings this month!
With so many engagements happening all around us, we wanted to share a few tips on how to begin planning for your wedding day. Many couples ask us "where do I even begin?!" Here are a few of our suggestions on how to get the ball rolling on the wedding planning process.
- Celebrate!- ok, this is a give-in. But seriously, cherish the moment with your significant other!
- Set a budget- weddings add up FAST. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the excitement of it all that at some point you are designing a $10k wedding cake and inviting your cousin's, neighbor's, grandma's bingo friends. Both of these out of the ordinary things can be prevented if you create and stick to your budget.
- Book a venue- venues can book up for years in advance. Research and find your top 3-5, visit them, and seal the deal!
- Browse Pinterest- while you probably already have a "my wedding day" Pinterest board, take some time to clean it up. Narrowing down to a smaller selection of images you want to see your wedding day look like will really help your vendors create exactly what you are looking for.
- Check out a bridal show- there are several bridal expos throughout the Chicago-land area this summer. We are actually going to check out the one at Chevy Chase tonight- hope to see some of you there :) Get your tickets here: http://www.bridalshowexpo.com/
- Hire a wedding planner- you may think we are just biased but honestly, it will take 100% of the stress off of you and ensure for a fabulous, flawless day. Check out our "services" tab to explore what options you have in hiring a planner with Willow Street Weddings!
For more tips on planning your wedding day, be sure to call your WSW gals and we would love to chat. Have a great rest of your week! XO